How to talk to people

Posted on

How to talk to people

One of the most remarkable aspects of today’s work-from-home industry is that people from all walks of life are successful. Isn’t it nice not having to go to medical school or get an MBA from Harvard so you can retire early and be financially independent?

I’m sure a lot more people would get involved if they knew it wasn’t that hard. One of the biggest concerns for marketing and sales professionals is talking to people, and specifically selling. Just admit it: you don’t have the skills that car salesmen do. That’s great! That type of thing doesn’t work well in other industries and even car salesmen are becoming a thing of the past as the internet brokers and eBay grow in popularity.

Most home based businesses have a system in place for you. I can assure you that when people start these companies they don’t neglect to think long and hard about how to make doing their business easier for people who get started. They have you in mind.

Always look for a company that has lots of training on how to talk to people and minimizes the amount of presenting that you have to do. Some have it so you bring a more experienced person with you. Some have online presentations and some have live conference call presentations.

Let’s assume that you really don’t need to do the selling – it’s done for you by the company leadership. You will have to bring people into that system, so you will have to talk to people! Those companies that rely on a completely “automated” system have a hard time getting people to give money to a website, hoping it’s not in Russia or Turkey. So how do you talk to people? You’ve probably heard that only about 5% of your communication is based on the words you use. The remaining 95% is body language and tone of voice. If you don’t meet anyone in person, the tone of the conversation becomes even more critical!