What does ChatGPT think about its use in agriculture?
We asked ChatGPT about its role in agriculture and found the following:
• Automating the creation of reports and documentation. ChatGPT can generate automatic reports on planting and harvesting, creating accounting reports and other documents, greatly reducing the time and resources required to complete these tasks.
• Better communication between farmers and consumers. ChatGPT helps create chatbots to improve communication between farmers and consumers. It allows customers to ask questions about farming methods and product quality, and allows farmers to receive feedback on their products and services, which will help improve product quality and change the approach to agricultural production.
• Weather forecast and vegetation management. ChatGPT algorithms can be used for weather forecasting and vegetation management. This includes collecting data on weather conditions, soil moisture, pests and other parameters. This data is then used to develop models that help predict the best time to plant or harvest, as well as the most effective pest control methods.
• Recognize patterns and organic materials. ChatGPT algorithms can be used to recognize patterns and organic materials to determine what labels are needed for each package and what shipping method is best. Professionals can also use ChatGPT to detect sprinkler system leaks and other technical issues.
Our opinion on the use of ChatGPT in agriculture
The above section covers various ChatGPT farming use cases that it spawned itself. However, for many of them, the neural network needs to be improved or can be used in addition to existing development.
The application that we think is most viable is to improve communication between farmers and consumers. Farmer-to-consumer chatbots allow buyers to ask questions about farming practices and product quality, and farmers to receive feedback on their products and services, helping to improve product quality and change the way they approach farming.
For example, we asked ChatGPT how to pick apples:
ChatGPT successfully answered our questions and helped us choose and buy apples at the farm, which proved helpful
opinions of others on the usefulness of ChatGPT in the agricultural sector
To find more ideas on how ChatGPT can be used in the agricultural sector, we conducted a survey and got the following results:
• Most people distrust ChatGPT technology due to possible misinformation, lack of accountability and lack of direct interaction with physical processes.
• There are people who see the benefits of using ChatGPT in the agricultural sector. The refined neural network can be used to create and complete documentation. It can take an offline AI assistant approach that can combine data from the internet like in ChatGPT-plus with its plugins.
• Some still don’t understand how technology works and believe that agriculture does not need new technologies, just workers.
The study showed that the role of ChatGPT in the agricultural sector is ambiguous. Most people are skeptical about this technology, however, some see its benefits. The survey results show that the use of ChatGPT in the agricultural sector requires extensive research.
A real case of using ChatGPT to grow potatoes
But while some are skeptical of new technologies, others are testing them. For example, you grow potatoes with ChatGPT.
You can read more about this experiment on the Telegram channel. ChatGPT understood users’ desires for growing seed potatoes in an aeroponics system and calls themselves “AI Pro Agronomist and Botanist”.
neural network provides information on nutrient mixes, watering cycles, light levels, pH and EC targets, accounts for the effects of pH adjusters on the nutrient solution, and requests additional information on the specific potato variety, local climate and availability. Resources.
ChatGPT also recognizes the need for fertilizers and requests more information on available fertilizers.
perspectives of this technology in the agricultural sector
Artificial intelligence in the agricultural sector can be a useful tool to improve quality and increase production efficiency. AI can be used to process and analyse data, manage processes, create chatbots and other process automation tools.